The Kelowna Killer Beez are an informal group of road cycling enthusiasts based in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. We gather at specific times and locations for group rides throughout the Kelowna region. The times, dates and locations for our group rides are contained within this website along with posts about special activities and events. The website is for informational purposes only.
All of our rides are “no drop” and suitable for recreational riders with some cycling experience. We stress safety and insist that all participants read and agree with the following Safety Rules before being allowed to participate in our group rides. An annual waiver also has to be signed and submitted to participate in the group rides.
We look forward to cycling with you.
Kelowna Killer Beez Safety Rules
The following safety rules apply to all group rides. Compliance with these rules and signing of an annual waiver are mandatory in order to participate in our rides.
- You are riding at your own risk! We are not a club, just like minded cyclists who meet for rides.
- All road rules and traffic signals must be followed.
- A helmet must be worn. It’s the law.
- You should have liability insurance to cover any potential accidents.
- All participants must ride single file and in bike lanes where available.
- Pass only on the left when it is safe to do so. Passing or pulling up to riders on their right is not permitted.
- Use of headphones or cell phones while riding is not permitted.
- Keep your bike in safe working order (e.g. lube chains, inflate tires, maintain brakes, use lights in traffic).
- Signal all turns and stops with appropriate hand signals.
- Signal all obstacles and hazards to following riders.
- Be predictable in your movements.
- Be courteous and patient.